FYI on new PCR (not rapid antigen test) UMB app and self-swab procedure Campus Health is piloting this week. Based on recent discussion, the steps will look like something like this (subject to change as piloting continues):
- User gets an email from campus health (1st below) – these will be based on whichever groups Campus Health wishes to invite to the pilot.
- User will also get a separate email from UMB (2nd below) to download an app called “marylandgenomics” or MGScanner
- If users can’t find the app on Google Play store, try searching “marylandgenomics”
- Download and register w the app and your email address in advance of testing.
- Once registered and you show up to test, they will scan a test kit and your phone/QR code from the app to associate the test to your user id (generated by the app)
- Do the attached PDF self-swab steps.
- Key difference is swab gets discarded.
Reiterating- this is NOT the new antigen rapid testing, which is completely different (using different test kits/processes)- which will also be tested/piloted at some point this week or next I believe.
You are scheduled for an SU COVID-19 test on 1/13/2021. You recently received an email from the University of Maryland Pathology Associates/MG Scanner. This is a legitimate email and you should download the application prior to showing up for your test tomorrow.
Instructions are attached for the new test which takes less time.
If you are unable to sign up for the application, we will still be able to test you using the tests that we used last semester.
From: MG Scanner Mobile <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 12:29 PM
To: SU email
Subject: Welcome to MG Scanner
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Salisbury University. Please exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments from external sources.
Welcome to the University of Maryland Pathology Associates / Maryland Genomics SARS-CoV-2 Testing Program. We are working with your institution to help with on-site testing.
You will be using the MarylandGenomics SampleScanner mobile app to scan specimen tubes and send us the information about the samples. Please install the app from your device's app store. Once you have installed the app, please register the app by using the instructions below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please talk with your campus health center or administration.
Please follow these steps.