This document contains instructions on how to connect your Android smartphone or tablet to our SU-Secure wireless network. Note that Android devices vary widely by manufacturer, operating system flavor/version, and carrier/provider. Please see your existing documentation and support sites for your device for exact instructions.
Automated System Instructions
- Select Settings. You can usually find this in your Menu button.
- Select Wireless & Networks
- Select WiFi Settings
- Select Turn Wi-Fi on if it is not on.
- Select SU-Connect.
- Open your web browser.
- If you get a certificate message, tap Continue to accept the certificate.
- In Step One, change the download option to Local Server and then tap Download and click OK to save the file.
- Once the download is finished, you can access the SecureW2_JoinNow.apk file from your Downloads by swiping down from the top of your Android.
- Tap Install.
- If the Install is blocked, then tap Settings.
- In Unknown Sources, toggle the setting to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
- Click OK to the confirmation window.
- Then go back and try to install again.
- When the install is finished, return to your web browser and tap JoinNow in Step 2.
- Tap Personally Owned Device.
- If you do not have this option, you may be able to manually start it by opening the JoinNow Multi-OS app and tap Search and Setup New Network. Then enter “salisbury.edu” for the Domain and click Continue. Then tap Personally Owned Device and proceed.
- Enter your username and password and tap Continue.
- If you get a message “It appears a connection could not be made to the configured network” reconnect to SU-Connect and then return to the JoinNow Multi-OS app and tap Reconnect.
- 13. Click Done once you get the screen that says “You have successfully connected to: SU-Secure.”
For Google Chromebooks and other manual connections, if the connection wizard does not work, you will need to manually configure the settings. This may vary depending on your device (check your manual or help files for information).
- Connect directly to the SU-Secure wireless network.
- For EAP Method, you will need to enter PEAP.
- For Phase 2 authentication, you will need to enter MSCHAPv2
- For security certificate, be sure it is set to Default and not Do Not Check.
- Enter your SU username. You may need to use just the username, SALISBURY\username or email@example.com, depending on your device.
- Enter your SU password.
There is no content with the specified labels