Using the Software Center/Self Service
The Software Center (Windows) and Self Service (Mac OS) is the source for downloading and installing software on SU computer systems. These directions are for computers or laptops that are SU tagged and connected to the SU wired or wireless network. Software cannot be installed using this method from offsite or on a personal device.
To open the Software Center (Windows Computers):
Windows 7 computers
- Click Start.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Software Center.
Windows 10 computers:
- Click in the search option on your taskbar (magnifying glass) and search for Software Center
**You can also click on the START button and go to the list of applications under "S" and find the Software Center icon
To install a program from the Software Center (Windows computers):
- At the top of the Software Center, choose the drop down called "sort by" and choose to sort the applications from A to Z to put the applications in alphabetical order.
2. Select the software you wish to install from the Applications list.
3. Click the Install button. **Note: Some applications are large and may take 30 minutes to install. Make sure you have time to allow the installation to complete.
4. Click the Installation Status tab to see the installation progress.
To Open Self Service (Mac computers):
- Open Finder.
- Click Applications.
- Click Self Service.
To install a program from Self Service (Mac computers):
- Search for the Application you wish to install.
- Click Install. The length of time to install will vary.
If you do not see any software in the Software Center, your computer may not have been updated in a while. Leave your computer on at the login screen overnight to receive any updates. If the problem persists after leaving it on overnight, call the IT Help Desk for further troubleshooting.
only displays applications that have not already been installed. To see software that has already been installed on the computer, choose instead.
There is no content with the specified labels