This is used when a faculty member wishes to share a OneNote notebook with students on Office 365 and vice versa.
- Open OneNote and if you haven't already, sign into your OneDrive account at https://www.office.com and select OneNote
- Open the notebook you wish to share.
- Click File and then click Share.
- You have some options to share: Share with People/Invite People; Get a Sharing Link; Share With Meeting.
Share with People/Invite People
- Type email addresses of the people you wish to share with.
- Use the Can edit drop down to choose if you want them to edit (Can edit) or just view (Can view).
- Include a personal message to the person or people you're sharing your document with.
- Click Share.
- See the Shared with list to see who has permission to edit and view the Notebook. You can change permissions or remove sharing by right-clicking the name and choosing from the right-click menu.
- The recipient will receive an email with a subject line similar to "I shared "My Notebook" with you in OneDrive." They may need to show blocked content depending on their mail system to see the full email.
- Click the View in OneDrive button. The document will open in OneNote Online.
- If the recipient has the ability to edit, they can click Edit in Browser.
- Note that recipients with edit access can also share the notebook with other people.
- If the recipient has the ability to view, the can view it in OneNote Online.
- Users with view access will have an option to Open in OneNote. This will only work if OneNote is installed on the computer. The notebook will be read-only.
Get a Sharing Link
- Click the Create Link button next to the option you wish to use: View Link or Edit Link.
- Copy and paste the link into an email to send to the recipient(s).
- To remove access, right click and choose Disable Link.
- You can only Disable a link using this feature. This affects everyone using the link. To change permissions for users, you will need to give them a new link.
- The recipient will need to copy and paste the link that you sent them by email into a web browser.
- The file will open on OneDrive Online.
|Content by Label|