New PCR (not rapid antigen test) UMB app and self-swab procedure from Campus Health. The steps are subject to change as needed:
This is not the new antigen rapid testing. That will be available at a later date using different test kits/processes.
- User gets an email from campus health (see below). Pilot users will be chosen by Campus Health.
You are scheduled for an SU COVID-19 test on 1/13/2021. You recently received an email from the University of Maryland Pathology Associates/MG Scanner. This is a legitimate email and you should download the application prior to showing up for your test tomorrow.
Instructions are attached for the new test which takes less time.
If you are unable to sign up for the application, we will still be able to test you using the tests that we used last semester.
2. User will also get a separate email from UMB (see below) to download an app called “marylandgenomics” or MGScanner
- If users can’t find the app on Google Play store, try searching “marylandgenomics”
3. Download and register the app and your email address in advance of testing.
4. Once registered at the time of your appointment, they will scan a test kit and your phone/QR code from the app to associate the test to your user id (generated by the app)
5. Follow the self-swab instructions below
- Key difference is swab gets discarded.