If you are using the latest Mac computer equipped with the Apple M1 CPU chip, including MacBook Air (2020), MacBook Pro 13″ (2020), and Mac Mini (2020), you may experience issues with using the Panopto desktop recorder app. This is due to a compatibility issue between the new chip and the Panopto application.
- To verify if your computer has the M1 chip
- Click on the apple logo in the top left corner of your screen and select About this Mac.
- In the pop-up dialog box, in the Overview section, you will see Processor. If you find “Chip: M1”, your computer has the latest M1 chip.
2. To create a video from MyClasses, in your course, click the Create button for Panopto
3. From the pull down menu select Panopto Capture
Panopto Capture works best with short videos using Google Chrome with a reliable internet connection.
The upload process is time consuming especially with longer videos.
Other alternatives include using Zoom or the built in recorder in MyClasses.