Sonia Field Placement Software has a web login (used by most students) and a client component that is used by Field Coordinators in the Social Work department.
Website Login: https://sonia.salisbury.edu/SoniaOnline
The Sonia client uses domain authentication. Client users must also be defined inside the Sonia application in order to use the client software. This user setup is done by the Social Work department.
If you are on-campus and signed in to your computer with a valid account, the Sonia Client should log you in automatically.
If you are off-campus, login with your SU Username, and be sure to leave the "Domain" field set to "salisbury" which is the default.
- Visit https://sonia.salisbury.edu/Sonia/ and click "Install". If you receive an error, click "launch" instead.
- If you are on-campus and signed in to your computer with a valid account, the Sonia Client should log you in automatically
- If you are off-campus, login with your SU username, and be sure to leave the "Domain" field set to "salisbury" which is the default
- If you are on Windows 7, you may get a WPF Application error message when opening the Sonia client. This is caused by a Jan 2018 Microsoft .Net update issue. If this happens, run the .Net Fixit Tool as follows:
- Browse to \\nas\dept\SocialWork\Field\SONIA
- Right click on fixittool-KB4074906.exe and choose "Run Elevated"
- For more information, or to re-download the .Net fix, see "Solution 1 - Run Fixit tool for KB4074906": https://github.com/dotnet/announcements/issues/53