Powerpoints can get rather large, especially when using pictures. As email attachments are limited in size to 20MB, you may need to compress your pictures to get the file size down.
Use Save As to reduce your file size.
- Click File.
- Click Save As.
- Click Browse and choose where to save your powerpoint.
- Rename your file if desired and verify that the type is Power Point Presentation.
- Click Tools and choose Compress Pictures.
- Leave checked or check Delete cropped areas of pictures.
- Choose a resolution for your pictures. Print (220 ppi) will be the clearest, Screen (150 ppi) is the midrange, and Email (96) is the lowest resolution and smallest file.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
When selecting your resolution, it's a good idea to start with Print, and then check the size. Step down to Screen if it's still too big, and so on.