The SU Imaging System is a method of taking paper forms and converting them to electronic documents which can be then filed, annotated, edited and otherwise manipulated. The imaging system consists of two parts: scanning (or imaging) and document filing and editing. Consider it an electronic filing cabinet that allows departments to go “paperless.”
- ApplicationXtender (WebXtender) login: https://axweb.salisbury.edu/AppXtender/DataSources/AX/account/login?ret=Lw==
- Login accounts for WebExtender are not the usual SU account. A login account must be obtained from IT.
Access to Imaging
- Access to the Imaging/WebExtender must be requested through the IT Department(EIS).
Imaging and Document Scanning
Paper documents are scanned and prepared for filing using Kofax scanning software on a stand-alone scanning station, or by making a request with Imaging and Data Processing Center Services (IDP).
Electronic Filing and Editing
Once you have your documents ready you can import them into the Imaging System. We use a program called ApplicationXtender by EMC. There is an app version that can be installed on your SU Windows-based computer through the Software Center, and there is a web version of ApplicationXtender, which we call WebXtender, that is accessible through a link on the GullNet page (http://www.salisbury.edu/gullnet). Whichever version you choose to use, you will log in with your SU username and password.
In most cases, people import the files created through the Imaging and Document Scanning, either through Kofax or completed by IDP. However, the Imaging system can also import other document files, like TIF, PDF, Word, etc.
Who Uses the Imaging System?
Anyone needing to electronically file and manipulate documents. Currently it is heavily used by Admissions, the Registrar’s Office, Accounts Payable, Financial Aid, the IDP office (for scanning) and most departmental Admin Assistants.
What is new in version 8.1?
- Users no longer need a separate username and password to log into the ApplicationXtender program for Imaging. It now uses your SU username and password.
- Users no longer need to log into the SU VPN to use the desktop application for ApplicationXtender.
- The admin module for ApplicationXtender has now been moved to the web client (“WebXtender”).
- Users can install the EMC ApplicationXtender desktop app through the Software Center.
- Users may need to set their pop-ups to open in a new tab in Internet Explorer and other browsers to more easily view printing popups within the web client (“WebXtender”).
- SU Imaging: Add pages to a document in ApplicationXtender
- SU Imaging: ApplicationXtender 16.6 Document Manager Scanning Tutorial
- SU Imaging: ApplicationXtender Version 16.6 Web Batch Scanning Tutorial
- SU Imaging: ApplicationXtender Web Access 16.6 User Guide
- SU Imaging: Document manager toolbars and thumbnails
- SU Imaging: Printing in WebXtender using Internet Explorer
- SU Imaging: WebXtender doesn't print
- SU Imaging AppXtender Version 16.6 Desktop Client Install
- SU Imaging System Frequently Asked Questions