As the host in a meeting, you can manage the participants. By default, any participant in a meeting can share their video, screen, and audio.
- Click Participants in the host controls to display the participants list:
- Click the drop-down menu located at the top-left corner to close the participants list or click Pop Out to separate the participants list from the meeting window:
- Hover over a participant and click More for these options:
- Chat: Open the chat window to send messages directly to the panelist.
- Stop Video: Stop the participant's video stream so they are unable to start their video. If the participant hasn't started their video, you will see the Ask to Start Video option.
- Make Host (only available to the host): Assign the attendee to be the host. There can only be one host.
- Make Co-Host (only available to the host): Assign the attendee to be a co-host. You can have an unlimited number of co-hosts.
- Allow Record (only available to the host): Allow the attendee to start or stop a local recording of the meeting. Attendees do not have access to start a cloud recording.
- Assign to type Closed Caption (only available to the host): Assign the attendee to type closed caption during the meeting.
- Rename: Change the attendee name that is displayed to other participants. This change only applies to the current meeting.
Note: To change your own name that is displayed, hover over your name in the participants list and click Rename. You can permanently change your name in your profile.
- Put in Waiting Room: Place the attendee in a virtual waiting room while you prepare for the meeting. The host must enable waiting room for this option to appear.
- Put On Hold: If the waiting room is not enabled, you'll see this option to place the attendee on hold.
- Remove: Dismiss a participant from the meeting. They won't be able to rejoin unless you allow participants and panelists to rejoin.