Information Technology maintains 23 computer labs on campus. Of those, eleven Windows and two Macintosh labs are scheduled or staffed by the IT Help Desk. IT also provides staff and assistance to the Blackwell Library public computers. All software required to complete Salisbury University coursework is available in at least one lab, and usually in multiple labs: see our Lab Software Configuration document for the full list of software available. In addition the labs give students access to university printers and to central data storage (P: drives, K: drives).
- Lab Hours - See current and upcoming hours for the IT labs and Help Desk as well as viewing the current week's schedule for all IT labs. Updated on Fridays. Note that the schedule only contains schedules for labs which have an active class or event scheduled.
- Lab Software Configuration - See a listing of standard software in all IT labs, as well as locations and availability of specialized software packages.
- Installing Software on IT Computer Lab and Classroom Podium computers - Faculty can install software on podium computers in Classrooms or IT Computer Labs can use right-click elevation to install software requiring admin access.
IT Lab Locations
Two of the labs are available for general academic use only; the other nine can be reserved for specific courses or other events but are available for general use when nothing is scheduled. Faculty and staff wishing to reserve a lab should visit the Lab Reservation Information page.
General Use Only
Scheduled for Courses, Events, and General Use
Also around campus are other labs that are not run by Information Technology. Some are maintained by Information Technology and scheduled/administered by an associated department, others are completely maintained and run by another department. Please contact your academic department to inquire about what labs your department may have available to you.
For a listing of what software may be available in all labs, see the Lab Software Configuration Guide.
Information Technology employs student staff at our IT Help Desk for assistance with lab, account and other computer or account related issues. Information on student employment can be found at the Employment Opportunities page.
Lost and Found
Occasionally, lost items may be turned into the IT Help Desk. Every Friday, we deliver these items to the GUC Info Desk.
- Audio Visual Services
- Classroom/Meeting Locations and Technology equipment
- Classroom and Meeting Space Locations and Information
- Distance Learning and IVN Rooms
- Does Information Technology have computers or equipment for loan or checkout?
- How to reserve an IT computer lab
- Information Technology computer lab reservation information
- Information Technology Lab Locations
- Integrated Media Center
- Lab Software Locations
- Sympodium ID350 and ID370 Interactive Pen Display Manual
- Using AirMedia for Wireless Presentations in Classrooms, Labs and Meeting Spaces
- Using Extron control panels for lab and smart classroom projector systems
- Using the Mini Document Camera with Zoom for Remote Teaching
- Using touch panel controllers for lab and smart classroom audio visual systems
- Web Conferencing Rooms (i.e. Zoom, BlueJeans, BigBlueButton, Skype)