Teams lets you invite people outside Salisbury University to a meeting, including those who don't have a Teams license. You'll need their full email address to invite them.
Inside Teams, go to Calendar on the left side of the app and select New Meeting in the top right corner.
- Add a Title for the meeting.
- Enter the full email address (Joe@example.com) under with Required Attendees or click the +Optional to denote a user is not required to attend, but can optionally.
- Enter a Start Date and Time
- Enter an End Date and Time
- Provide details for the new meeting.
- Click Save at the top right corner.
The external user will receive an email invite with the link to join the meeting. They can download teams or join via the web browser experience.
- If you're the meeting organizer, Teams will alert you when someone is waiting in the lobby. Click Admit to let them right into the meeting, or View lobby to admit or deny them, as well as see a list of everyone who's waiting.
- These instructions are for inviting an external user to a Team meeting. External users are not able to join an SU managed Team for chat and file access within Channels.