This guide covers installing a network printer (usually an HP or Canon) on an SU computer running Windows operating system.
- Open Control Panel and choose Devices and Printers.
- In Windows 10, click the magnifying glass in the task bar to search for Control Panel, and then choose Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- If prompted to choose "What type of printer do you want to install?" choose Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Choose Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature and click Next.
- In the Name field, type the room and room number where the printer is located, without spaces, e.g. TE201. Click Find Now.
- Select the printer from the Search results and then click OK. The printer will install.
- Click Next at the confirmation page.
- On the next page you can choose to Set as the default printer or Print a test page, if desired. Otherwise, click Finish.
In Windows 8 and Windows 10, you can also add a printer using the Printers & scanners setting. Click the Start Menu and choose Settings>Devices>Printers & Scanners, or you can search for Printers & Scanners. Click the Plus sign to add a printer or scanner, and then click The printer that I want isn't listed when it appears. Then go to Step 5 in the instructions above and continue to install your printer.