This guide covers installing a network printer (usually an HP or Canon) on an SU computer running Windows operating system.
- Open Control Panel and choose Devices and Printers.
- In Windows 10, click the magnifying glass in the task bar to search for Control Panel, and then choose Devices and Printers.
- Click Add a printer.
- If prompted to choose "What type of printer do you want to install?" choose Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. Otherwise, skip this step.
- Click The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Choose Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature and click Next.
6. In the Name field, type the room and room number where the printer is located, without spaces, e.g. TE201. Click Find Now.
7. Select the printer from the Search results and then click OK. The printer will install.
a. If you have not previously installed the printer driver required for a new printer installation, upon adding a new printer you will be prompted to install the driver.
The username field will be automatically populated.
Enter your password in the requested field and select OK to complete the installation.
8. Click Next at the confirmation page.
9. On the next page you can choose to Set as the default printer or Print a test page, if desired. Otherwise, click Finish.