Salisbury University Qualtrics Survey hosting service enables members of the SU community to easily create surveys, collect and store data, and produce results.
- Create simple to complex (i.e. branching) surveys
- Easy to use with online access from anywhere
- Wizard helps build surveys
- Customize sample surveys for your own use
- Manage distribution of survey to participants
- System tracks email invites and reminder emails
- Robust reports with integrated graphics and statistical tools
- Ability to download data into Excel or SPSS with full syntax retained
Qualtrics Log In
Qualtrics Support has numerous resources including online trainings, webinars, research articles and information about survey design. They also have over 300 sample surveys that can be used “out of the box” or questions that can be copied and pasted into a custom survey created by you. See the links below for a few tutorials provided by Qualtrics.
- Qualtrics -Projects Basics Overview
- How to Create a Project
- Organizing your Projects
- Collaborating on Projects
- Imported Data Projects
Some surveys may be considered human subject research and require Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval prior to the initiation of the survey. In general, if your survey data is only being collected for a class project, quality improvement project, departmental evaluation, or social use, IRB approval may not be needed. However, if this survey is for a research project (1) involving a systematic investigation with (2) the goal of creating generalize knowledge (i.e,. being able to apply the data to a broader population and plan to publish or present the findings), IRB approval may be required. FERPA and HIPPA compliance should also be observed.