When working with the Help Desk to troubleshoot an issue with your SU computer, we may ask you for the computer name. This usually contains the SU inventory tag barcode number as well as the building and room number of where it is kept, along with some information about the type of device, such as TE113-91111-S.
Finding the computer name
Windows 10 has two methods.
- In Windows Search(the magnifying glass near the bottom left corner), type PC Name.
- Click View Your PC Name
- In the Device specifications section, the computer name will be listed as Device name.
- Right click on the This PC icon on your desktop
- Choose Properties
- The computer name will be listed in the subsection titles Computer Name, Domain, and Workgroup settings.
- Open System Preferences by clicking on the Apple in the top left then choosing System Preferences.
- Select Sharing from the list of available preferences.
- The computer name will be listed at the top of the window.