Emeriti IT Overview- The following information is a summary of faculty emeriti access.
IT Emeriti Available Functions
- Friends & Family Card
- Upon request a “Friends & Family” card will be printed for Emeriti commemorating their time at SU. This card does not have campus door or swipe capability.
- Faculty Emeriti are extended the opportunity to continue to use their SU email account for as long as they wish to keep it.
- Every 3 years they will receive an email from PSSecurity@salisbury.edu asking if they would like to renew their account for another 3 years. This process goes on indefinitely.
- Emeriti who do not respond to the renewal email (usually done June 30th), will find their account disabled after a month. A prompt email or call to the HelpDesk and the account can be re-enabled. After 6 months all email associated with the account will be deleted.
IT Emeriti Function which are not available
- Computer & File share (P Drive / 365) Access.
- Software discounts (Only for active employees)
General Note on Building Access
Access to specific locations on campus is handled on a case by case basis through the use of general purpose (Check-out) cards. Emeriti cards (mentioned above) do not give door access.
General Note on Affiliate Process
Affiliate accounts should only be created for individuals which have a clear business need and sponsor for the account. Creating an affiliate accounts is equivalent to creating a new employee which carries security and financial obligations to the University.