How to Access:
- On campus, log into an SU owned Windows computer with your SU username and password, and then open Outlook from the desktop.
- From any web browser, check your email at https://www.office.com/ . Login with your SU email address and password
- Faculty and staff not migrated over to Microsoft 365 will need to login at https://webmail.salisbury.edu/ until May 29, 2020.
Email Address Structure:
- Faculty and staff email addresses are the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adjunct faculty keep their email and network access for a 90 day grace period following the end of contract. They lose GullNet access, however.
- Faculty and staff retirees keep their email access after retiring, but lose network and GullNet access.
- Student email addresses are email@example.com.
- New students will receive their email accounts just prior to Orientation 101.
- SU student email accounts are deleted one year after your last semester at SU.
- Microsoft Outlook has a 30 MB size limit for total mail message size (mail message plus any attachments).
- Maximum size for sending to pre-populated groups is 3 MB.
- Due to security restrictions, ZIP and EXE files cannot be received at SU email accounts. If you receive one, you will have a message attached letting you know that the attachment was stripped from the message. You will need to have the sender resend the attachment as a link instead. For more information, see Email and Calendars.
- Outlook 365 mailboxes have 100 GB of space for your standard mailbox and 100 GB for the Archive folder. Make sure to regularly clean out and empty old mail. Large mailboxes may get a "cannot send mail, mailbox full" error message, and will not be able to send mail until the mailbox is reduced in size.
Faculty and Staff Archived email:
- Any email over 2 years old will be moved to the Archive Mailbox found below your other mailboxes. Emails that are between 2 and 10 years old will be held in the Archive Mailbox.
- Emails over 10 years old are automatically deleted and are unrecoverable.
The password reset option on the Outlook/Microsoft login page will not work for SU accounts.
- You can change your password at the Password Assistance page.
It is not recommended to use your student email as your only recovery email for Facebook or other non-SU services. Once you lose access to the SU email, you will not have a way to access your services recovery email and thus may not be able to regain access to those non-SU services.
Guides and resources for email
See the guides below for information on adding your email to your smartphone or mobile device, as well as how to share calendars and mailboxes.