This guide covers the process of creating a student email distribution list in Outlook from an exported Process Scheduler request created by GullNet.
Use GullNet to create your Email list
The first step in the process is to get the student e-mail data from GullNet into a file that Outlook can use.
- Log into GullNet at http://www.salisbury.edu/gullnet
- Click Main Menu.
- Click SU Custom.
- Click Student Records.
- Click Report.
- Click Student E-Mail List.
- Select the Term and the optional parameters. In the example below, all of the prompt boxes are filled, but typically only one or two options are sufficient. Leaving a field blank will select all possible values. You can also select multiple plans or levels in any combination. The Acad Prog will rarely be used, so you should leave that blank.
- Click Run.
- In the Process Scheduler Request page, change the Type to Web and the Format to CSV in the Process List.
- Click OK.
- Click on Process Monitor, and then on the Process List page, click Details.
- Click View Log/Trace on the Process Detail page.
- In the View Log/Trace window, the first CSV file listed is the file of Outlook email addresses. The second CSV file is a list of bio/demo data and academic statistics for each person.
- Right click the first CSV file listed (the listing of Outlook e-mail addresses) and choose Save Target As…
- In the Save As window, name the file with a .TXT extension (e.g., BUSN.TXT) and save it to somewhere you will be able to find it, such as the Desktop. Leave Save as type: as Microsoft Excel Worksheet. Click Save.
- Right-click the second CSV (the bio/demo data) and choose Save Target As…
- In the Save As window, name the file with a .CSV extension (e.g., BUSN.CSV) and save it to somewhere you will be able to find it, such as the Desktop. Leave the Save as type: as Microsoft Excel Worksheet. Click Save.
Use Outlook to create the Student Email Distribution List
Now, you’ll want to use the text file you just created to create a distribution list, or Contact Group, in Outlook.
- Double-click the TXT document you saved from the previous steps.
- Press CTRL-A on your keyboard to select all of the entries.
- Press CTRL-C on your keyboard to copy the entries.
- Open Outlook and click Contacts in the Navigation Bar.
- In the Home tab choose New Items>More Items, then Contact Group.
- Assign it a name of your choosing in the Name: field.
- In the Contact Group tab, in the Members group, click Add Members.
- Choose From Outlook Contacts (it doesn’t matter which you select).
- In the Members-> field, right-click and choose Paste.
- Click OK.
- Click In the Contact Group tab, in the Actions group, click Save & Close.
There is no content with the specified labels